My Care Specialist
Helping You Navigate Life
We are the sum total of our experiences. Those experiences – be they positive or negative – make us the person we are, at any given point in our lives. And, like a flowing river, those same experiences, and those yet to come, continue to influence and reshape the person we are, and the person we become. None of us are the same as we were yesterday, nor will be tomorrow.
George by BJ Neblett, 2009
Our Social Workers walk alongside you to enhance your health and wellbeing as well as addressing disadvantage or inequity.
We have specific skills in the area of social inclusion, community participation, healthy ageing and connecting people to the supports and services they need to live their best life. We understand that life is about living, not just existing and are passionate about ensuring everyone lives a life of choice, connection and has the opportunity to enjoy the things that are most important to them.
We can help you with:
- Assessing your needs and ensuring you have access to appropriate support services.
- Problem-solving & self-management skills.
- Acting as an advocate for you in situations where you may be experiencing inequality, injustice or discrimination.
- Providing information and education.
- Social functioning and community participation.
- Supporting you in a crisis or difficult situation.
- Providing emotional support for:
- Grief & Loss.
- Adjustment to changes in life.
- Resilience and coping.
- Depression and anxiety.
- Through Focussed Psychological Strategies Such as:
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Skills Training
- Relaxation Strategies
- Or just listening to your story in a safe and non-judgemental space.
We provide social work services for people from all walks of life and are happy to hear from anyone who feels that we can provide the assistance you need.
My Care Specialist's Case Management support is a completely independent, person-centered service that assists you to navigate many systems and processes, provide information and education in relevant government and community resources, available opportunities for social participation or any other support specific to your needs. It can be long-term or short-term depending on the type of support you need.
We are specialists in both the Australian Aged Care (My Aged Care) & Disability (NDIS) systems so we can provide information, guidance and advocacy to ensure you receive the support and services you require to live your best life.
We have a strong emphasis on social and community inclusion and connectedness, a positive sense of wellbeing, healthy ageing and living safely in your own home or the place of your choice.
Physical and mental health and wellness are the keys to living a happy and fulfilling life so we use an individualised, person-centred and holistic approach in assisting you to maximise your health.
This is YOUR time!
Our Support Coordinators will support you to understand and implement the funded supports in your plan as well as linking you to community, mainstream and other government services if needed.
We will assist you to negotiate with providers about what they will offer you and how much it will cost so that you are able to get the most out of your funding. We will also ensure service agreements are completed as/when required as well as helping you prepare for plan reviews
We focus on supporting you to build your skills in exercising choice and control, coordinating supports and empowering you to work towards your goals and be the director of your life.
We can help you with:
- Researching disability service providers, helping you choose one that best suits your needs.
- Negotiating with providers on their services and prices.
- Liaising with your Plan Manager, if you have one, on your behalf.
- Arranging additional assessments to meet as/when required.
- Helping to resolve any problems or issues related to the NDIS and funding.
- Support you in the preparation and process of plan reviews.